xml image wont link to event pop up

Please post your general Flash Design questions here. Typically beginner questions fall into this category.

xml image wont link to event pop up

Postby sduncan242 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:58 am

I have downloaded a xml Flash template and have run into a modification that I cannot seem to do. Here is my working code in my xml file:

<image imageUrl="images/33701_newsPic1.jpg" link="#"/>
<titleText><![CDATA[<a href="event:switchPopup,0"><b>title</b></a>]]></titleText>
<scrollText><![CDATA[text here<a href="event:switchPopup,0"><font color = "#847722"> [...]</a></font>]]></scrollText>

So, basically what I wanted to do was make the link="#" in the first line open up the event popup instead of the homepage. Now, I tried to do:

<image imageUrl="images/33701_newsPic1.jpg" link="event:switchPopup,0"/>
<titleText><![CDATA[<a href="event:switchPopup,0"><b>title</b></a>]]></titleText>
<scrollText><![CDATA[text here<a href="event:switchPopup,0"><font color = "#847722"> [...]</a></font>]]></scrollText>

... and of course it does not work. The site will run, it pops up with errors in firefox once I try to click on this image in my swf that needs to open the pop up. So I suppose my question is... is this a xml or a fla thing? I am not the best at this stuff so I could be shooting in the complete opposite direction which would not surprise me! lol

The site is up on a tester page, its the "News" page if you want to see what i mean about the pop up and the 2 images that will not link properly. http://zenjenhairstudio.com/index2011.html

Hoping someone can help me soon as my site is complete once I get past this one small issue. Thanks :)
sduncan242

Flash Version: Adobe Flash CS3

Return to General Flash